• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag 100 AD stops travel after warm

Zach1881

I have a Bomag 100 AD that will randomly stop traveling after about 10 minutes of solid use. It only has about 1,000 hours on it. The drums continue to vibrate and the parking brake light does not come on.. help??

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Does it stop immediately like the brake is applied when it happens? Does it sound like it wants to drive against the brake? The travel linkage is not worn or loose?

omal1989

I have a similar problem with a bomag ad3 , when hot , 20-30mins or so it’s almost like it looses pressure on the oil , if you vibrate yourself into a rut it won’t pull itself out of it , any uphill resistance against the machine driving will stop it suddenly ,

omal1989

Both forward and reverse? Has charge pressure been checked?
Yes both forward and reverse . Pressure was checked as far as I am aware , bad memory now , brakes checked too , once it cools down it will run ok again until warm ! Sorry about the extremely late reply !!! I couldn’t remember my log in info

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Did you get it fixed?

If not, what was charge pressure cold and working vs hot and not working?