• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag BW226 DH4 travel slow

laldan

Hi, my bomag roller travels only at 4km/h even when I select the rabbit for high speed. Have change the speed sensors and speed dial and confirmed no error codes for the travel system.
Is there a possibility to adjust the speed to maximum?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF laldan;)!

Bomag guys will need a serial number of the machine?

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
Hi, my bomag roller travels only at 4km/h even when I select the rabbit for high speed. Have change the speed sensors and speed dial and confirmed no error codes for the travel system.
What checks have you carried out so far?

laldan

Unfortunately, I do not have much to offer. When you change the travel speed dial, does anything change in the window shown below?

View attachment 286418
Yes, when i turn the speed dial up, the green bar (indicated in the picture with the red arrow), also goes up to 10km/h. But at full speed the needle only goes up to 3.5km/h - 4km/h at 0% inclination.

Pep Joe

Occupation
I am not too familiar with this machine and haven't done any, can you please suggest some check that I can do?
Ok. let's confirm if the speed range selector switch wires are ok. It's a three wire switch. +5V, -Gnd and signal. Use a multimeter to measure between the +5ve and Gnd wire to see if you will have a +5ve.
I attached the schematic drawing to guide you.

Attachments

• bw226 speed range selector switch.PNG
    bw226 speed range selector switch.PNG
    97.9 KB · Views: 1

Pep Joe

Occupation
what exact speed sensor did you change? I'm asking because there are a lot of speed sensors on the roller.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
let's confirm if the speed range selector switch wires are ok.
I would say thay were OK. If the dial is changed and the indicator in the dash changes, that says to me that the switch signal is getting to the controller and the confirmation is the controller is changing the indicator.

I agree with Pep on the speed sensor. I would want to make sure they are all functional. Maybe the lack of feedback is making the controller keep the machine in low range.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Glad to hear it laldan. Which sensor was the harness issue found? Drum or axle?