• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bomag soil stabilizer s/n 101590041070

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
please i need a help on why i can't get boost pressure on this machine. the engine model is Deutz TCD2015. The boost sensor is also the boost temperature sensor called on the manual "sensor for charge air temperature and charge air pressure" . i get boost pressure when i loosed the sensor and blew air into it with my my mouth and machine will respond to throttle. machine not responding to throttle with the sensor connected but any time i unplugged the sensor machine will respond to throttle. the boost pressure is 0.923bar but i get 1.235bar when i unplugged it and blew air to it

Vetech63

i get boost pressure when i loosed the sensor and blew air into it with my my mouth and machine will respond to throttle.
Maybe the sensor itself isnt meeting the parameters the ECM is looking for.
machine not responding to throttle with the sensor connected but any time i unplugged the sensor machine will respond to throttle.

This isn't making sense to me.
the boost pressure is 0.923bar but i get 1.235bar when i unplugged it and blew air to it
How is this being measured?

Pep Joe

Occupation
Maybe the sensor itself isnt meeting the parameters the ECM is looking for.

This isn't making sense to me.

How is this being measured?
At ignition the boost pressure is 0.995bar and boost temperature 28.7 degree Celsius monitored with SERDIA diagnostic tool for Deutz engine. At ignition and at engine running the boost pressure remain the same 0.995bar and engine rpm won't throttle even when the throttle is at maximum position. boost sensor part number on the manual is 05716605 but got the sensor with 20524936 when ordered. i thought it wasn't getting a boost pressure so i pulled out the sensor and blew air to it with my mouth and monitored the status on my computer i saw the boost pressure changing from 0.995bar to 1.000bar and engine began increasing the rpm from 523rpm up and responding to throttle, when connected back to the position on the air intake manifold the rpm will remain on 532rpm with boost pressure too the same. now my questions is why is any time i plug the sensor i can't get boost pressure so the engine rpm can go up? below is the boost sensor.
20524936.jpg View attachment 241134

Pep Joe

Occupation
What's your error, upstream turbine pressure sensor?
no error but boost pressure won't increase. it stays same 0.995bar at ignition and at start engine running and engine rpm can't go up above 523rpm even at fully throttle position.

Vetech63

I'm not positive on this one but some sensors have to be calibrated to the ECM parameters. It kind of sounds like its just a tad off.

Pep Joe

Occupation
I'm not positive on this one but some sensors have to be calibrated to the ECM parameters. It kind of sounds like its just a tad off.
the boost pressure will increases and engine will respond to throttle anytime i pull it out and blow external air to it. am thinking no enough air going to the engine but we have replaced the turbocharger from an old machine of same engine. what do you think?

Kyle Helmke

Is the turbo making boost? Waste gate on turbo closing. Does the engine have a throttle valve? EGR valve stuck open? What was the failure on the original turbo?

Pep Joe

Occupation
Is the turbo making boost? Waste gate on turbo closing. Does the engine have a throttle valve? EGR valve stuck open? What was the failure on the original turbo?
No throttle valve, it's EMR3 controlled. not sure if the turbo is making enough boost but will find out from the mechanic. can a waste gate that is not closing cause no boost pressure? engine model is TCD2015