• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Boom stops for my BE 22B

Tugger

boom stops

Hi
I dont have any pictures but i have built them for my American 4210 and my P&H 325.I used 2" and 2.5" sched 40 pipe they will slide within each other.Should find the lugs on the gantry,you may have to fab some on the boom. measure up your lowered and raised positions and build to suit. this is the easy part.The most important part of boom stops is to have agood boom hoist cutout that stops the boom by linkage attached to the base of the heel and runs to your boom hoist lever.My 4210 has air controls so this is achieved with air soliniods.The P&H cutout has a section of morse control cable which runs from linkage at the base of the boom that senses maximum boom height and runs to the boom hoist lever.It disengages the lever at max height,leaving about 4" of play left in the boom stops.you may have to get creative to build this linkage on your 22B,but do it before you put the boom stops on.without it you will eventually forget and boom up into your stops resulting in a bent heel section.I speak from experience .If i can ever figure out how to post pictures on this thing i would send you some.
Good luck
Dave