• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bought an Allied Ho pac

tootalltimmy

Found a Ho Pac on Craigslist. Very low hours with a 24 x 36 inch plate. I want to use it for pounding posts as well as compacting. I have never used one. Any tips or ideas?

I paid $1500. Thought it was a great deal as I saw a used one closer to me for $4500. Allied has a good reputation with you guys.

Attachments

• Ho Pac.jpg
    Ho Pac.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 2,366

tootalltimmy

I have a Case CX135 to put it on. I have to deal with the plumbing. Hoping to branch off the thumb lines with a valve on each side. Will talk to my dealer. They quoted me $6000 for another auxillary circuit.
Need to check on the output of the thumb and the Ho Pac requirements.

Below the serial number is a number 003810. Would this be the model ?? Can't find any other numbers on it. Allied dealer would have some info on it??

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
WOW ! .... what a great score Timmy ! .... if you find that it is to big (Gpm) for your hoe let me know ....I too am lookng for a larger one in and around the 16,000# size like the 2300 Allied ....Congrates again ! ..... ps ...did you have to go far to get it ?

Kgmz

Occupation
General Contractor
It definitely looks like a model 1000, here is link to tech manual below.

http://www.alliedcp.com/pdf/manuals/Hopac/1000_techman.pdf

That model can come with a 12, 18, or 21 gpm motor, but most have the 21 gpm motor. And you will need a return line to the tank and not through a valve preferably. So I don't think your thumb circuit will work.

I got the hydraulic kit for ours from Allied, very good kit complete with tubing bent to fit the specific machine, valves, fittings, etc. And it was a lot cheaper than the JD dealer. If I remember right I think I paid about $1800 for the kit plus another $500 to have it installed. Also my kit came with a flow control valve with 3 settings so I can turn it up to 30 gpm for our hammer.

http://www.alliedcp.com/products/install.asp

Other good companies for kits made specifically for each machine.

HKX, in Washington
http://www.hkx.com/cms/

HCT, in Georgia
http://www.hctkits.com/

Forgot to mention: Nice that it has the VMS vary mount system, so that it can be adapted to different machines. Did it come with all the pieces for the mount?

Last edited:

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
YUP ! ...thats the one I was refering to ...talked to Jerry the other day there, and am going to make a trip there very soon .....VERY Very helpful outfit he sent me a bunch of compaction info....will probably rent one before I buy to find out which is better suited for what I need to do

tootalltimmy

Here is a friend's Ho Pac that he adapted to pound posts and added a spike that pins to the collar to split some large fir tree rounds. He said it also worked great for breaking concrete. I am going to copy it. He welded a tooth directly onto the spike. I have a tooth shank I will use so that I can change out the tooth if it wears out. The collar is 6" od and 3/4" thick. Plenty strong.

Any concerns about using the hopac to break concrete?

Attachments

• Ho Pac post.jpg
    Ho Pac post.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 2,072
  • Hoe Pac post2.jpg
    Hoe Pac post2.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 2,072

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I would watch the rubber mounts on the hoe pac. I think vibrating posts in the ground is fine as long as you let the attachment do the work and don't force it with too much down pressure. I don't think that breaking concrete is a real great idea.

tootalltimmy

I picked up my excavator from the Case dealer Saturday. I got them to plumb the hydraulics for the Ho Pac. I tried it out on the edge of the yard. Works good.

Attachments

• Ho Pac.jpg
    Ho Pac.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 2,141

ben hoe

I purchased a Stanley HS6005 attachment for my IHI 65nx recently at a Ritchie auction - works real well for pushing posts in - however i have not welded on a peice of pipe yet to hold the posts.

For those of you using these packers to drive posts - any recommendations? The idea of welding a short chunk of pipe directly to the bottom plate seems wrong to me - does it make sense to go through the work of having a bolt on plate (similar to above pictures in above post )?

Also, the manual i found online for this packer recommends having the post in the front 1/3 of the plate for the most effective driving (creates a "slap" effect, where having it in the center creates a "rocking" motion). Do you think this is something specific to stanley's design or in general a good idea?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Ben