• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Box blade

td25c

I have to say on of the best dirt moving attachments is our old 3 point hitch box blade.They pull dirt forward & can shove backwards just as easy as pie.They also have the ripper shanks to loosen up hard pan soil.I love it.We use it after the dozer to take out track marks & pick up small debris .I added some adjustable gauge wheels to the blade this afternoon.I wanted it to perform more like a road grader .I robbed the wheels off of an old grain dryer that we no longer use.

Attachments

• box blade 002.jpg
    box blade 002.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 2,856
  • box blade 003.jpg
    box blade 003.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,336
  • box blade 006.jpg
    box blade 006.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,471

td25c

Thanks ATCOEQUIP.I did test it on the driveway abit and I think it's going to work great.Its been raining here for the past week and we had some time to play around & experiment with some ideas.I hope to get back to my dirt job tommoro.We cut grade for a TV tower site with the dozer last week, and I would like to make final grade & spread stone on the site with the box blade.

Attachments

• box blade 004.jpg
    box blade 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,452
  • box blade 005.jpg
    box blade 005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,464
Last edited:

bill onthehill

I have used mine for years to maintain roads and finish yards. Throw in the york rake and together they can do a lot for keeping a gravel road in shape.

td25c

Hey ,thank's busdrivernine.I agree bill onthehill ,they are handy.Is the "york rake" similiar to a landscape rake with a row of cultivator shanks mounted close together to pic up debris? Here is an update on the gauge wheels on the box blade. The local stone quarry brought me 350 tons of #53 stone. They spread it with the trucks and I finished it with the box blade. It works great, I have alot more control with gauge wheels.

Attachments

• tower 7 002.jpg
    tower 7 002.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,392
  • tower7 006.jpg
    tower7 006.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,687
  • tower7 004.jpg
    tower7 004.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,403

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's some nice work 25c. I see the Fat Allis 16 in the background of pic #2. You know, it wouldn't surprise me to one day see you make a post about your modified box blade and find you have added hyd cylinders to each wheel running off of the hyd PTO connections giving you the ability to adjust wheels while operating. If I were to guess your engineering skills...this is more than possible. :notworthy

ScottAR

Less plumbing... Make the top link a hyd. cylinder... Shorten cylinder is cut...
Lengthen cylinder is spread. Could do both I suppose since we're just talking. :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Less plumbing... Make the top link a hyd. cylinder... Shorten cylinder is cut...
Lengthen cylinder is spread. Could do both I suppose since we're just talking. :)

Hey, that's not a bad idea ScottAR. I can see the wheels turning in 25c's head now! :)

ScottAR

Not my idea really... Pretty common on a skip loader, usually has another cylinder
on the down arms for tilt. Quite a few little tractor makers offer one factory these
days.

For those of us like myself who don't get to buy new tractors;
These guys make a generic setup for most 3pt. Just measure and order.
http://www.ccmachinery.com/TNT.htm

I've been debating putting one on the little deere.

td25c

Those are great ideas ATCO & ScottAR,I'll play around with it in the shop this winter.