• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Broken 518 skidder

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
A good friend of mine sent me this picture via cell phone the other day. His message was 'I think its lunch time!'

Attachments

• broken 518.jpg
    broken 518.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,803

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Must have happened on Friday mourning.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
It would be my guess , he lifted the front end with the blade to remove the wheel for a puncture repair and then let it back down onto the hub .
Close! He told me the wheel fell off. Too many broken lug bolts. He dosent run the machine, so dont blame him!
Jason

Iron Horse

It's a wonder the wheel is'nt in the picture .

"You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel ":D:D

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I asked him where the wheel was. He said it fell off up on a skid trail, and they picked up the front and drug it to the landing with another skidder, to have more room to work on it and to use the loader to put it back on with. He said they had to go about 100 feet down into the brush to retrieve the wheel. GOOD TIMES!
Jason

Redbug

Occupation
Retired and loving it...
Hey! Just a question...Was the tire loaded or do they just have air in them?