• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BTI 925 hydraulic breaker

Mobilewrench

For a few months, I have had a BTI hammer partially torn apart in my work yard. I have posted about it before. I think the thread was on this part of the forum with the title, "looking for the right mill bit". You can look at that for more info and pictures.

Long story, short: the main body of the hammer has grooves and pitting where the o-rings and back-up rings of the valve body need to sit.

I still have not been able to find a machine shop anywhere willing to deck the main body of this unit. Couple of years ago it would have been easy. Quick call to Ramco and Buckingham and his crew would have had it fixed PDQ. (well, after sending it on a boat to Tacoma, having them repair it and waiting for another boat to bring it back)
But, alas, Ramco is no more.

I have played with a couple of ideas.
Decking the valve body to make the o-rings seat tighter, replacing the o-rings with d-rings which are more durable and thicker, using silicone o-rings that are more pliable and heat resistant.

Last week I stumbled across an other BTI 925 hammer in disrepair. Apparently, they tore this unit down and left it in the elements. The way I understand the issue is when they finally reassembled the hammer the rust on the piston destroyed the seals.
I can get this hammer for next to nothing.

As far as I know, every 925 BTI is the same. Every one i have resealed had the same seal kit.
But the serial number gap between the two hammers is significant.
Mine is 14e-2746
The other is 14e-603.

Anybody know for sure about the interchangeability?