• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucket with hammer integrated

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
looks like a winner i bet the cost is huge but looks like it will do 2 jobs in one tool

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Saw that about a year ago and I am having one of their reps send me some info on em. They have a few different attachments for em, breaker plate, a breaker point, and even a hoe pack attachment.

Yeah the cost would be up there, but what does a breaker cost? a hoe pack? and a bucket?

iron kid

Occupation
owner 12 man team
i think it have dirt stick in it if used it in any soft soil

Burnout

Occupation
Got a price back on one... a 2000 series for a tractor backhoe goes for about 32-35 000 dollars. Ok so its a little more than I expected.

Tacodriver

Occupation
Yarder op, hoechucker, lowbedder etc..
Got a price back on one... a 2000 series for a tractor backhoe goes for about 32-35 000 dollars. Ok so its a little more than I expected.

ouch for that price I can change over to a ripper to deal with frost.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
They are useless tools, if you dig a trench and there is rock to break through, you have to dig the trench even wider at the top to get the so called "hammer point" right along the bottom edge of the trench to get down to the depth you need, a conventional hammer on a hoe works much better.

Burnout

Occupation
For that price I can buy some dynamite and still pay off the police for all the complaints.

Breakerman

Has anyone ever seen this? http://www.powertechci.com/index.html
Looks like an interesting idea, I wonder how well it works and how durable it is. It would have been very handy the past couple weeks digging basements in 2 to 3 feet of frost.
If you're in Banff, Call Finning Cat... They distribute PowerTech's PicBucket. They probably can answer all your questions! But, one thing I know for a fact is that you can also rent a unit at The Cat Rental Store... approx. 3000$ a month range, not sure.

From what I've heard, the selling 32-35 000$ range is for a complete kit including Bucket, Set of pins, packer plate, spade knife blade, flat trenching blade & a toolbox... for RT Backhoes & Excavators ranging from 5 to 11 tons...

Keep on diggin!

Occupation
Student
Great details Breakerman,I have saw in a finning advertisment that one model of all the picbucket fit to the new cat 450e backhoe loader.Just imagine...Looks nice!