• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Building kits 1:87. Advice

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I found what is apparently a real gem, a KIBRI 1:87 MercBenz 3333 S powerliner with semi detached readymix concrete mixer. It is of course build it yourself, but I'm fairly new at building models, it looks like fun, but looks quite difficult. Any suggestions?

I've managed to build the horse, but now i have to build the trailer. this is the hard part.

Thanks.

stretch

Occupation
gopher
Well, in quite a few of these build-it-yourself kits, the parts seem to be not as good quality compared to the same ones built in the factory. However, if it all comes out the way you want it to, then you can look at it and have the satisfaction that you built it yourself.

I have built two Kibri (sold as Walthers) models: a Terex 55-tonner and a Kaelble SL26 loader that's in the yard on the road project. The Terex looks fine except for one of the wheels wouldn't slip on the axle the right way. The loader came out fine for the most part until it came time to raise the loader arm...and then it caught in the cylinder and snapped.

I'd be careful with them, take your time, file down the burrs on the parts, and glue when necessary! I've learned my lessons in each of those ways.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Thanx for the advice.

Pics:

Attachments

• m16.jpg
    m16.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 312
  • m17.jpg
    m17.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 320
  • m20.jpg
    m20.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 305
  • m19.jpg
    m19.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 309

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
No, but I got another big readymix truck, a Peterbilt, and I run them as part of a friend's concrete business, so I get to use them at will.