• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

building new house

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
at least they were careful to make sure their faces were hidden...

interesting. do you have something against dirt pete? me suspects you'll end up with the same problem just it'll take longer to happen.

i dont mind dirt mouse in it's place. rats, mice, spiders, etc prefer dirt to concrete, the main attraction of the concrete however is it is easy to hose down and keep clean, dirt gets real messy when you hose it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
i dont mind dirt mouse in it's place. rats, mice, spiders, etc prefer dirt to concrete, the main attraction of the concrete however is it is easy to hose down and keep clean, dirt gets real messy when you hose it.

And that is a great reason to be able to power wash under your new house.

(Yes I am arachnophobic.) :rolleyes:

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
making progress

got a bit more done, laid power, phone, fax, water and sewerage today and backfilled. slowly but surely.

Attachments

• P1040533.jpg
    P1040533.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 509
  • P1040534.jpg
    P1040534.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 503
  • P1040535.jpg
    P1040535.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 513

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
who hit the meter box ?

the dopey excavator operator (me)
hit the meter box and wrecked it, had to put on a new one, they are very fragile, also busted on of the planks.

Attachments

• P1040540.jpg
    P1040540.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 485
  • P1040539.jpg
    P1040539.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 490
  • P1040541.jpg
    P1040541.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 492

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Who hit the meter box?

Ohhhh!!, Pete, what did you say when that happened? If you can do that much damage with a bakhoe, it could be a bit of a worry when you are let loose on the Rayco, at least with the new paint scheme, they will see you coming.:eek2:D

Rn'R.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
just before i hit it i thought i should get the electrician to watch me while i dig under the meter box, but i thought , naah , i be ok. after the touch i gave myself a stern talking to and told myself what an idiot i am.

Veseli

Occupation
Builder
Hi Guys

Great work Pete. Is that residential zoning where you building? you probably had fun with council to cut down the trees and to get Bush fire certificate.

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
Hi Guys

Great work Pete. Is that residential zoning where you building? you probably had fun with council to cut down the trees and to get Bush fire certificate.

the zoning is rural, had to get a consultant to do a bush fire report, fairly straigh forward. council ? trees ? do you need permission to cut down trees ? what trees ??

Veseli

Occupation
Builder
I can see trees at the background and site looks like its been cleared, so i thought you've cut down some trees. In Wollongong they are very strict when it comes to cutting the trees.
Didn't you need the council approval to build the house on the rural land??

australian pete

Occupation
clearing contractor.
I can see trees at the background and site looks like its been cleared, so i thought you've cut down some trees. In Wollongong they are very strict when it comes to cutting the trees.
Didn't you need the council approval to build the house on the rural land??

they are strict here also with clearing trees, yes i did need council approval to build the house.

Veseli

Occupation
Builder
Yeah i know, i rang few places no one is got one. New ones are $40,000 +
is there much work for mulching around or not?

thanks