• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Busy ?

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Howdy all ,

just wondering how busy everyone is ? Things in this part of the world have slowed since snow has fallen and frost has , for the most part , completely shut down my job ( road building ) . So you all still going strong ?

Rob

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Not here, I have about90 yards of horse manure to remove from a fellas feead lot for free, I sell the manure though. But its raining like all get out now. I have a retaining wall to build at the lake but they let the water bak up so now i cant get closeenough with the mini excavator.
I hope my landfill job comes back they transfered plants and owners and have a boss thats being bull headed about the EPA.
I may buy a load of D2 steel and rebush my backhoe and a few other things till dry weather gets here. Im saving up to buy a dozer or a mini excavator so I wont have to rent one anymore. I made my last truck payment this morning lol. Time to do it again lol.
I may work on my welding truck tonight finish with the brakes and do some morework on the welder mounts. Im doing alot of welding around the lake houses here along with backhoe work.

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
still very busy around here.........just spent the whole week at Indy patching scrapers.

looks like next week will be 60 hours also

Blademan

Charter Member
Occupation
Operating Engineer
Well , it's good to be busy . Yeah , rain and manure ..... sloppy mess . I'd wait for a good week of nice weather for that one too Taylortractonu . And Motrack ,I'm curious as to what kind of scrapers you're patching . Is it a large earthmoving job in Indy ? I take it your a mechanic/welder ?

Rob

PAYTON

Charter Member
Occupation
OPERATOR
Originally posted by motrack
still very busy around here.........just spent the whole week at Indy patching scrapers.

looks like next week will be 60 hours also

who do ya work for in indy?

were currently running double shifts at the airport

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
Southeastern Equipment on the north side of Indy.

I drive past that airport job 2 or 3 times a week, big project.

we dont have anything working there that I am aware of.

I have a field service truck. Patching up Terex and FiatAllis scrapers the past week and looks like next week it will be Gradalls and Kobelco excavators.

my name is Rob also...........