• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Can't Decide

jlm335

Banned
Occupation
student/part owner of Ernie Mankins & Sons Constru
Ok, well I started collecting different pieces of equipment a few years ago and havent done anything with them or bought anything new lately. So I am in the market for something new, I want either a 963D, D5 or 6 lgp with 6way blade or a backhoe, or a mini excavator. I cant decide which. If I get the dozer, backhoe or mini ex. I would like to find a tag trailer so I could pair up the equipment behind a Kenworth tandem axle dump I have. Finding a tag trailer is a whole other dilemma.

My other dilemma: I cant decide which size. I have an 863 bobcat that is 1:25 and the truck and trailer along with the 325 Bobcat mini excavator are 1:25. But I have some New Ray Kenworths day cab W900's with lowboys that I believe are 1:32, along with a Kenworth dump. I would like the equipment to be able to go along with the Kenworths, but I want them to be in relative size so they will compare in size just like if they were real. So does that mean I should go with a 1:32, or 1:25? I ask about the 1:25 because the 863 and the Kenworth dump compare in size like they would if they were real. Sorry, I just like the stuff, just dont know to much about it...

So can you guys help me find a place where I can get these pieces of equipment for less than $90? and help me out on which size? I am looking at some of the equipment on ebay and other places now, I will post some links at what I am looking at with a price, to see if what I am looking at is really a deal like I think it is..

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
The 963D is a sexy little model. I was in our local hobby shop today lookin around and found one finally with a broken track. They had it marked down from 55 bucks to 35 dollars because of the broken track. They also had a D11R CD down to 35 bucks because of a broken track and a small chunk out of the bottom of the blade. So I'm glueing my tracks now, and the blade is comin off the 11 and makin a pull scraper with her.

jlm335

Banned
Occupation
student/part owner of Ernie Mankins & Sons Constru
I am thinking of the 963, but I like that high track D6 too, thats a purty nice lil chunk of metal. I think I'll end up with the D6, unless I can find the tag trailer i want!

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I find that the 1:50's are more available, but then again, we don't have a huge model fan base. I must only know of three between here and PTA! Should probably look better?