• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CASE 1840 Hydraulic Issues

JimE69

Hello I have a 1840 thats decided to stop raising the bucket. If your lucky it will raise about halfway slowly then stop. I just paid $300 for 10 oring kit from case installed it in control valve and no change. All looked good in control valve nothing scarred. Fluids good. Am I missing something else here? Thought I would ask before I have to spend the $2800 that the Case dealer here wants for a new one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

heymccall

When raised, will it stay there?

You say "raise" bucket. Do you mean "carry" position (opposite of "dump"), or do you mean boom "lift"?

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Hydraulics are about oil flow & pressure control.
To begin, you need to test the main relief pressure.
It's possible that the relief valve is faulty, or you may have a bad hydraulic pump.
Does the bucket tilt work like that as well?

JimE69

Hey guys sorry didn't reply sooner. When I lift the boom it will start to raise slowly and then stops until I actuate the bucket control which will only dump and no curl back until I set it on the ground and back up it will then only go halfway before it stops completely

JimE69

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to try and help me resolve this issue it's been an awesome machine and my funds are limited. Thank you

JimE69

No offense taking at all and I can't thank you enough for the time taken to help me troubleshoot and fix the issues at hand. It turns out the seal or gasket in the pump was washed out and I was able to find a replacement for it and problem solved. I kick myself in the ass for not asking or researching previous threads here it would have saved me the $300 wasted on the control valve o ring kit. Lesson learned! Lol Thank you again