• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c year identification help

stonylanefarms

Ok, so long story short I bought an 1845c from my dad about 8 years ago on a verbal agreement and cash. We had a falling out and now he is sueing me to get it back because I don't have anything in writing. He's claiming he never sold it to me and that it was willed to him by his dad, which is not true at all. His dad died in 1996 and my dad bought it used in 2002, also with cash so I can't prove where/when he got it. I think the grey cabs started in 1995 and mine has the grey cab. Are there any other identifying markers like that? The vin plates are not on the machine so I can't use that. Thanks so much.

phil314

Occupation
Instigator of Choas
I seem to remember the vin is also stamped back by 1 of the rear chain case covers, don't remember if it's left or right. Probably need to clean real well to find it. Vin is the best way to figure out the exact year.
Brown cabs and split bars were early years. Later are grey cabs and single lap bar.
That change was about 95.

stonylanefarms

I seem to remember the vin is also stamped back by 1 of the rear chain case covers, don't remember if it's left or right. Probably need to clean real well to find it. Vin is the best way to figure out the exact year.
Brown cabs and split bars were early years. Later are grey cabs and single lap bar.
That change was about 95.
Thank you. I will check in to that and reply back if I find anything.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Inline injection pump, idler pulley on fan belt indicates newer machine 95 on, older machines had stamped rims, newer had welded rims.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
I'm almost certain there is a serial number stamped on the chassis near one of the rear chain case covers.... you may need to slide the cabin to get a good look & give the area a clean.