• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 2366 combine electrical problem

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Hi guys i need some help with this problem
the column display will not register rotor speed it sits on zero all the time (fan speed is displayed). Also you can not adjust the fan or rotor speed with the control switch switches
i have changed the rotor speed sensor and checked the fuses and checked most of the accessible wiring harness for obvious faults
would anyone be able to share an electrical schematic or service manual?
Any Help would be most appreciated
Regards
Mark

FarmWrench

Occupation
Table Potato farmer
I have a 2388 manual download. It's enormous and on my Dropbox. Not great at sharing that stuff.

When it comes to the adjustment, climb in there and remove the 2040 roller chain that goes on the adjuster. My bet is you find that chain so stiff you have to cut it off. Make sure everything is free before you put the chain back on. The limit switches fatigue and fail, use your multimeter.

CaseIhMan4

As far as your rotor speed issue. I would check to make sure the speed sensor connections aren't corroded or the harness isn't pinched/rubbed thru. If you have a multi meter handy you can verify if the speed sensor is working or not. If not check continuity from the speed sensor up to the cab.