• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 450C

materthegreater

Just ordered some batteries for it. I've never heard of Leoch before. Any thoughts on them?

PXL_20230524_213256302.jpg

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
There should be a manufacturer listed somewhere on the battery label, The tractor looks to be a nice machine.

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Looks good, let us know how it works. Thats on my list of mods/attachments I want for my 450C.
Looks good, I bought one that looks very much like your's from USA attachments for $1200...if my memory serves me correct... how'd they use me in comparison?

materthegreater

Looks good, I bought one that looks very much like your's from USA attachments for $1200...if my memory serves me correct... how'd they use me in comparison?
Cost more that that to get this one made.

How long ago was that? The cheapest I see on their site now is $2900

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
It was about 4 years ago, I bought several different attachments from them, I may have been wrong on that price...I think it was $1800.00 at that time? A bucket quick coupler was $1200 I think. The price of steel has gone up considerably since then.

materthegreater

Well I was a dummy last week... I knew the fuel tank was getting low but I could still see a few inches of fuel in it (gauge doesn't work). I parked and shut it off facing up hill on a grade and it wouldn't go into gear when it first started up (trans pressure needle at zero). I figured I'd let it idle a minute or two thinking the trans just needed to circulate oil a little longer being that it was parked on a slope. Well then it started sputtering and died. Now I have to bleed the fuel system after I add some fuel. And then hopefully the trans will engage... I understand running out of fuel on the slope, but why wouldn't it go into gear? It's not a really steep slope so I wouldn't think it would be starving for oil. I've had it on similar slopes with no problems before, but only when it was already running, never starting it up on the slope.

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
If the pump doesn't want to pick up , putting 1PSI of air into the fill port with a rag over while operating air gun can help push oil to the pump. That is if it has enough oil in reservoir as Tinkerer said.
Simon C

MG84

On my 450c when the transmission oil is cold, ie first thing in the morning especially in fall/winter, sometimes it doesn’t like to prime the transmission pump. One trick I have figured out is move the forward/reverse lever and/or the track levers just a few seconds after it starts. For whatever reason this usually instantly primes the pump and the pressure gauge goes up to normal.

I do recall one time parking with the front of the dozer pointing up a steep hill and it didn’t want to prime. I try to park it somewhat level or with the tank uphill whenever I can.

materthegreater

1000005234.jpg

It was only a 17 degree slope (about 30 percent) but apparently enough to prevent it from priming. I added 5 gallons of fuel and got it running, then added a gallon or two of transmission fluid and rolled it down the hill to a slightly less steep spot and after idling for a couple minutes it finally came to. I will have to try to remember to park facing downhill if I can't park in on level ground in the future.

materthegreater

Does anyone else have a winch on a C series Case? This one doesn't work and I'd like to get it working. Seems like the lever only moves one direction. I assume it should move both ways but I don't know, since it was like this when I got it. It's on a job right now but I'll post some pics when I can.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Is your transmission in gauged the forward n reverse lever has to be in one or the other.

materthegreater

From what I'm reading in the manual, it should work in neutral. Unless I'm misunderstanding this:

1000005792.jpg

1000005793.jpg