• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 580b

talltexan6ft7

Hi everyone, I am new to the backhoe world and have just bought a 1975 Case 580b. I want to put new fluids in her and it's pretty obvious where to put the gear oil and motor oil. But my question is: is the hydraulic fluid and transmission fluid the same thing? Or does the transmission fluid pour in where the dipstick is located at the right foot area and the hydraulic fluid goes in at the top of the frame on the left side? I am confused about this and don't want to make a mistake! Thanks to all who reply...take care...

Tinkerer

Welcome to HEF, tt !
If you send me your email address in a PM (Private Message). Don't post it in this thread.
I will send you a link to my Google Drive.
It will allow you to download the Operators Manual and the Service Manual.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Welcome to HEF @talltexan6ft7
Six foot & seven inches, perched on a 580B ..... we need to see a picture of that! ;)