• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 9030b swing gear leak

case9030b

Hi i have a 2000 model sumitumo built case 9030b excavator that has a crack in the swing gear housing that is getting worse im going to pull it off an try have it welded does anyone have any info on where i might be able to get this part secondhand or who makes them.

thanks!

joispoi

You may be able to have that crack repaired perfectly if all the pre-heat and cooling procedures are followed correctly. However, it will kill the resale value of the machine. It's not the kind of repair that anyone can or wants to put a warranty on.

I saw a PC240 with the same repair (properly done and not at any small cost), that was sold cheap because nobody wanted it. The buyer installed a new housing, which meant that the previous owner wasted his money on the welding repair.

Do an internet search for slew ring gears. That should bring up the names of businesses that can help you out. Be careful of scam websites and fake businesses. Good luck.

mrexfix

there is or was a company called metal lock they have some proceedure
repairing with no welding they some how drill and insert special locks
you said the crack was in reduction housing ??? where it bolts to the machine or the side ???
you also maybe looking for replacment housing you could take housining to small scale foundery have box mould built pour carseting then take to machine and mill and drill

case9030b

Its on the side its only just weeping out looks like it should weld ok when im not so busy and can have time to pul lit off,I will take a few pics.

The crack is about 20mm long running horizontal

case9030b

Well had this pump off 3 times welding hairline cracks which i think were caused by bad casting,Finally got it fixed and all good for a month now.