• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case Extended Life Track Experience

MikeyJP1980

Occupation
General Contractor, Commercial, Residential, and
I’m looking for some chatter about this undercarriage system. I have no experience with a Case dozer but am very interested in one. The one I’m looking at has the CERT system and I’m just looking for some good or bad info.

Thanks

mw85

Occupation
tech
Well if its like Komatsu's, its not worth the extra money.

QuickTrax

We have seen the CELT u/c go both ways. I have seen the chains completely worn out in just over 1000 hours and I have also seen it last 3500. We deal w/ a large rental co. that runs Case dozers and we have converted most back to the standard u/c due to the cost of the CELT system. Once the CELT chains are worn out most people will cut the outer bushing off and install standard sprockets then run another 150 hours to get the remaining bit of life out of the CELT chains. The bottom rollers, top rollers, and idlers are no different than the standard u/c.

It seems to me that all of the equipment manufacturers are trying to come up with the next new u/c. CELT, Cat System One, Komatsu Plus and it has back fired on all of them. Why reinvent the wheel???
Thats my 2 cents,
Thanks, Quick Trax