• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case580se fuel issue

Loaderjoe

Hi all I have a 85 580se owned for about a year, never had any issues starting, I replaced the lift pump because it was leaking fuel and ever since, if I run the machine, shut it off and try to restart within a few minutes it will just crank, I have to open the bleeder on the banjo @ the filter inlet for just a split second and it will fire right up? Also seems the longer it sits the better chance I have of it starting without having to open the bleeder ?? When I open the bleeder I get a small spit of fuel and that’s all it takes, cranks right up. Any ideas?? Thanks for any help.

HarleyHappy

Occupation
Welder/Mechanic
Almost sounds like your fuel solenoid is weak.
Need to relieve a little pressure for it to pull in.
Other than that I got nothing.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Did the lines for the new lift pump have any seals.??
I’m thinking they do.. up in the nut.. u might wanna have a look.. at the least, see if u can get a turn on them..
If u have a parts manual/breakdown give it a look..
Good luck

Loaderjoe

Did the lines for the new lift pump have any seals.??
I’m thinking they do.. up in the nut.. u might wanna have a look.. at the least, see if u can get a turn on them..
If u have a parts manual/breakdown give it a look..
Good luck
Thanks for the response. There was a rubber washer inside the nut and I actually replaced that with a slice of fuel line because that’s all I had and it did make the problem a lot better as a matter fact I thought it was fixed but then it happened to me again the other day, I’m going to go to the dealer and try and get the correct seal

Delmer

Have you tried opening the fuel tank cap after shutting it off after running a while, to listen for vacuum?