• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 259D 2017

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Tell him I’d suggest to leave the jumper for the door switch in place for now and tell the fella he has coming what he’s done, simply to make diagnostics a bit easier. Once they get the problem sorted then the jumper can be removed and the door switch wiring connected to the machine harness again.

Willis Hodgkinson

Tell him I’d suggest to leave the jumper for the door switch in place for now and tell the fella he has coming what he’s done, simply to make diagnostics a bit easier. Once they get the problem sorted then the jumper can be removed and the door switch wiring connected to the machine harness again.
thanks Nige, will tell him.

Willis Hodgkinson

an update on the CAT 269D hydraulics not working, a bit sketchy this as I got this third hand. The CAT dealer tech came out and checked around, found a solenoid open circuit, I assume one for the hydraulic safety lock out. Nige thanks for all the info you provided.

Willis Hodgkinson

Good to see it fixed but a bit baffled why if a solenoid was open circuit that it never generated a Diagnostic Code. Makes no sense.
There may well have been a code generated, but if so that was'nt passed to me, in fairness my friends Mum has been ill, so some time has passed inbetween the tech guy coming out and my friends Dad letting me know the machine was repaired, thanks again for all the info