• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 262d warning lights

Jb0389

Hello all.. I have a new to me cat 262d serial # DTB03788. While using it the other day I had a couple warning lights come on. My questions are with the display I have is there a way to retrieve codes? And if not what are some things I could check with those two warning lights on? The lights do not flash and do not have an audible alarm. There seems to be no difference in the operation of the machine. Also based on the serial number is this a high flow machine ? Thanks!! IMG_1298.jpeg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Also based on the serial number is this a high flow machine ?
Based on the Serial Number your machine is Standard Flow, or at least it was when it left the factory.
My questions are with the display I have is there a way to retrieve codes?
Unfortunately with that type of "interim" dash panel there is no way AFAIK of accessing Diagnostic Codes other than hooking up Cat ET diagnostic software to the machine.
And if not what are some things I could check with those two warning lights on?
The first thing I would suggest is to get an Operation & Maintenance Manual. (I'm assuming here that there wasn't one in the pocket behind the operator seat.) Not only for things like this but also if you are doing all your own maintenance it will be invaluable. They are not expensive and you can buy one HERE.

The lower of the two warning lights indicates that the hydraulic system filter is plugged and is bypassing. This may or may not be true, it could be an electrical fault causing the problem. If you replace the hydraulic system filter be sure to cut open the old one to check for the presence of particles. HERE is an extremely good video showing how to do that. I would advise to get into the habit of always cutting & inspecting all types of filter whenever you change one.
The upper one is the "General Fault" indicator that has 3 levels of warning.

Jb0389

Ok thank you for your help. I will try the filter first and I have a manual on the way. Thanks again!!