• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cat 287b

Dennis k Martin

cat 287b electrical system dead? This has happened before. I pushed the machine about 6 in, that fixed it. Don't have
any idea what is going on!!

thanks DM

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Your post is extremely vague but first thing I would suggest is to remove, clean, and reinstall all the ground connections, including the one between the cab and the machine frame.
If you want more help post a clearer description of what is happening with the machine and what led up to it.

Dennis k Martin

Nige, thanks for the reply, I just got the machine a few weeks ago. I don't know what to say about the
problem I'm having. I will try looking at the ground connections.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Dennis, Start with a Serial Number. It's always good to know exactly what you have and on top of that I have a feeling that you may be in need of an electrical schematic to go tracing power.
I just got the machine a few weeks ago.
Has it had the problem (intermittent by the sounds of it) ever since you bought it.?
I don't know what to say about the problem I'm having.
Remember you're there with it, no one else is. How about something like "It can be working fine then suddenly out of the blue the engine stops" or "I can be using it one day with no problems then come to it the next and when I turn the key on the warning lights don't light up and everything is dead".