• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Simon C

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Have a Fluke 87-3 and also a Fluke 87-V. Good meters used almost daily to check all kinds of stuff. Just 1 battery is worth $200-400 and these meters have saved me buying one for nothing many a time. My 87-3 is twenty one years old this year and still going strong. No regrets.
Simon C

ColdBlackWind

Got the machine power washed down. Raised the cab and cleaned belly pan best I could. Still waiting on meter. Looked at plug for speed sensor. Thinking I could take a 4 male and 4 female Deutsch pins and crimp one of each on a 2” length of insulated wire. Plug them in to the connectors to complete all 4 circuits and meter each one with power on.

ColdBlackWind

Finally got my bad meter returned and a replacement here with spoons. Getting ready to get back on this machine after track replacement on my CT322. Not been a good month or two for skid steers. Question. As I troubleshoot this wiring for the hyd drive sensor. Any problem with leaving key switch on for longer periods as I have to raise cab up and down to power on and off? Just trying not to create some other issue. TIA

ColdBlackWind

Ok. Not too good at this but bear with me. Disconnected RH drive sensor from machine harness. Sprayed with Contact spray and blew out with air. Still getting alert. Disconnected harness. Powered up and checked yellow wire to ground. 7.99volts. Protocol says to check white wire for 8volts. My first stuck place. White wire is return and with harness disconnected how would it have voltage?

ColdBlackWind

Here is where it was confusing…

Test Step 1. CHECK THE POWER AT THE SENSOR
A. The machine harness remains disconnected from the sensor.
B. Turn the key start switch to the ON position.
C. At the machine harness for the sensor, measure the voltage. Measure the voltage from contact 1 wire (P769-YL(Yellow)) and contact 2 wire (P770-WH(White))

I made an assumption it wanted to check 8vdc to ground. I also figured no way I would get return voltage on the white wire with the harness disconnected. I spooned the machine side of the connector at the white wire and got 7.74 vdc to ground with the connector connected

ColdBlackWind

Clear as mud right now. Connector disconnected. Reading machine side. I read each wire to ground. What is it wanting me to do? Read between yellow and white?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
As I move to the next step how do I locate/ isolate the plugs at the ECM?
I'll send you an electrical schematic that in addition to the wiring also has machine locations on it.

The procedure says to put a jumper between Pins 3 & 4 at the sensor connector to make the two signal wires all one circuit but you can just as easily do the test in 2 steps without a jumper as follows: -

1. Disconnect connector J2 at the ECM.
2. Check continuity between J2 Pin 42 and Pin 3 on the sensor connector (wire 833 Grey)
3. Check continuity between J2 Pin 41 and Pin 4 on the sensor connector (wire 832 Brown)