• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 299d2 aux hydraulic loss

jonbates5

I have a 2016 cat 299d2 standard flow and I have had a few problems with the aux hydraulic flow. The first incident was loss of flow in one direction while operating my broom. Switched the hoses and same circuit flow as in the broom worked both directions so I know it was not the broom. The next day the machine worked fine both ways, we did nothing but park it over night. Worked fine for a month. Then yesterday the aux hydraulic wouldn't activate at all in either direction. Any help would be appreciated. I don't have a manual.

jonbates5

Does your machine have the Advanced Display on it.? I’m guessing not. Probably the only way to go if it doesn’t is hook ET up to it and look for Codes. Are the Aux hydraulics on your machine operated from the thumbwheel on the joystick.?
It does have a screen but doesn't give any codes, Aux are on the thumbwheel.

jonbates5

Ok, machine started working fine and was fine all through the summer. Today we started using it again with our asphalt planer and 20 minutes in it was having issues again. This time we noticed it would stop rotation in the correct direction but would still rotate in reverse. Also when moving the joystick to the bucket crowd position the planer would slowly spin in reverse. After 15 minutes of this the aux would quit entirely. We could wait a few minutes with the machine of and the aux would gain flow again but only in reverse.