• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 305e RH Thumbwheel stopped working

RnR LAMF

Hello HEF!
I got a Cat305e2 mini-ex and the RH Thumbwheel stopped working entirely. Active code for voltage above normal 1658-3 seems to be the problem, checked all the relays and fuses they're ok, plugged and unplugged the connector, its got battery voltage to the connector (well I think at least...not sure which wire is supposed to supply voltages). Looking like that thumbwheel switch is likely bad but before dropping $ id like to verify that

I was hoping someone could help out with wiring diagram of any diagnostic help for that code?

CAT 305e2 s/n H5M11340

Thanks!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Attached the troubleshooting procedure for 1685-3.
I'll send you an electrical schematic
The replacement Part Number is 528-5705, and that is for a complete handle assembly Ref #1. The thumbwheel switch is not sold separately.

1685230416623.png

Attachments

• PWM Sensor Signal Test.pdf
    511.1 KB · Views: 7