• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 3208 engine in HPSI unit

Frankhaddad

Not a lot of info to go by, other than it is an older 3208 cat engine, n/a. Fuel leak coming from throttle shaft, driven by air cylinder, not a lot of clearance. Is it possible to change the seal without removing the injection pump? Any advise would be great! Thank you.

Tenwheeler

As best I recall the pump has to come apart in order to replace that seal. Normally a job for a pump shop.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The throttle shaft is a 1 pc unit, the only way to replace the seal is to remove the governor.. its a simple task IF you have the room.. about 8-10 bolts & its off.. BUT clearance may be a problem..

crane operator

I had to do the throttle shaft seal on a 3208, and I think we had to pull the fuel line assembly's to get the access to pull the cover.