• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 416 Backhoe clutch question

Clownaround

Update: Got it all back together. I had to chip away at it here and there. Getting the transmission back in was a bear. Used lots of straps and a come-along strapped to the roof and going through the floor. Didn't exactly want to mate up right away and took some kicking and prodding.

Got it to fire up finally (I have a bad battery grounding cable) and was able to drive it forward 10 feet then backwards 10 feet. The tires are very low on air for sitting in the air for a year. So I didn't want to push my luck and roll off the beads. So happy it works again! I had lost reverse about a year ago as a result of bad clutch disks that were deteriorating from age.

Thanks again everyone for your help. It had been quite the adventure. More longterm testing to follow hopefully tomorrow.