• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 627F transmission issues

Grademan

We have two 627F scrapers and the one just started to not want to go into gear. It ran for a while with only 1st and 2nd and no reverse. If we put it in reverse it push forward when we gave it trottle like it was in 1st or second. We went to park it and reverse started working. Than we tried to go back to work and it wouldn't even go forward in 1st or 2nd. Seems to be electrical. Any ideas?

DPete

If it is like a 623 there are 2 shift switches one behind the shifter in the cab and one on the trans by the solenoid valves, I had a simular problem and the switch at the trans had gotten oil in it and was doing what you describe. I guess you are talking about the front tractor.

Grademan

Thanks Dpete. It was the switch next to the selinoids. Code 702 f06. After chancing the code it ended up being that switch. It looks like it should cost $5 but our lovely cat price was $700.

DPete

Yeah, Cat likes your money too. Ours went belly up right at the beginning of a job, actually I was releived thats all it was, couple hours and back in the dirt. Shifted perfectly after the new switch install. Good luck to you.

catmando3408

We have two 627F scrapers and the one just started to not want to go into gear. It ran for a while with only 1st and 2nd and no reverse. If we put it in reverse it push forward when we gave it trottle like it was in 1st or second. We went to park it and reverse started working. Than we tried to go back to work and it wouldn't even go forward in 1st or 2nd. Seems to be electrical. Any ideas?
Bad ignition switch shut off solenoid