• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CAT 930 Overheating

abomb12

I have a cat 930 that overheats linearly but has been happening increasingly more and faster. I checked all the obvious stuff like radiator, air cleaner etc to no avail then got the temp gun on it and it seemed like the transmission oil cooler was the hottest part of it, so I changed the transmission oil and changed the transmission oil filter. Still overheats, then I noticed bubbling coming from the radiator cap when it was at full noise. Thinking now it might be the head gasket? Any help or recommendations is much appreciated.

Zewnten

Serial number helps. You can get an exhaust gas test kit and see if the bubbles are from exhaust, indicating a head gasket issue.