• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat 977L

tctractors

Chris, I am not super sure but think its worth a verb that the pipe connections from the loader frame to the bucket come in on a 90 deg end or there about not a straight fitting, this allows an improved scope of movement when the bucket is rotated a full cycle range, you might want to check out this point as it could be easy to fit 2 block 90 deg or even 45's positional fittings, it's something that is very hard to get right when you have no reference how the hoses are fitted, the bucket mounting of the pipes I think on all shovels come in on an angle not straight, anyhow you seem to have pulled this knackered bucket out of the Scrap Mans grip and done wonders to make it viable so well done chap.
tctractors

Cat977

Occupation
Machinist/Millwright
Mine also have coiled wire springs over the hoses down there. Like tc said all looks really sharp!! You may not need protection from large debris coming straight in and higher up. With the extra length on mine and a 90 deg. fitting they they droop down a good bit.
Its been great seeing your work come along!
Ever since it rolled up on that flat bed I've had a green eye on... cab...winch...third valve.
Sweet Machine Chris!!
Cheers
Shawn

Last edited:

ChrisUK

Chris, I am not super sure but think its worth a verb that the pipe connections from the loader frame to the bucket come in on a 90 deg end or there about not a straight fitting, this allows an improved scope of movement when the bucket is rotated a full cycle range, you might want to check out this point as it could be easy to fit 2 block 90 deg or even 45's positional fittings, it's something that is very hard to get right when you have no reference how the hoses are fitted, the bucket mounting of the pipes I think on all shovels come in on an angle not straight, anyhow you seem to have pulled this knackered bucket out of the Scrap Mans grip and done wonders to make it viable so well done chap.
tctractors
Thanks Tony, for your help, continued advice and encouragement, I will get some better pics next week
Chris.
Mine also have coiled wire springs over the hoses down there. Like tc said all looks really sharp!! You may not need protection from large debris coming straight in and higher up. With the extra length on mine and a 90 deg. fitting they they droop down a good bit.
Its been great seeing your work come along!
Ever since it rolled up on that flat bed I've had a green eye on... cab...winch...third valve.
Sweet Machine Chris!!
Cheers
Shawn
Cheers Shawn, quite a bit of work so far but I think we are on the right side of it now.
Chris

ChrisUK

Finally got the 977L out doing something, it seems like an age since it arrived.
A lot of work, time, and a fair bit of hard earned has gone into it so far along with a lot of help and advice from @tctractors.
Still a way to go to get it how I want it but can safely say its in fine working order !
Cheers Chris.My 977L.JPG IMG_E1532.JPG

Attachments

• P1000291.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 7
  • P1000298.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 8

Welder Dave

Looks great! The bolts for holding the pivot pins for the 4 in 1 bucket are missing but you probably knew that. The bucket looks huge in the 1st. pic. but it's on a 977.

Blue Mountain

My Cat 977L has an electrical problem. Batteries are up. When I turn on the key and turn the switch to the left for heat, the electric meter does not move. However if I turn the switch to the right to Start the electric meter move to the left showing current going to the starter or voltage dropping showing the same. However the engine will not turn over. All safety item are in place battery cables are tight. Was running OK and starting easy 2 week ago when I parked it. Help! Any ideas

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
My Cat 977L has an electrical problem. Batteries are up. When I turn on the key and turn the switch to the left for heat, the electric meter does not move. However if I turn the switch to the right to Start the electric meter move to the left showing current going to the starter or voltage dropping showing the same. However the engine will not turn over. All safety item are in place battery cables are tight. Was running OK and starting easy 2 week ago when I parked it. Help! Any ideas
IMO you would be far better creating a new thread for your machine. This link shows how to do it - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...estions-answered-hopefully.76199/#post-801587

ChrisUK

Bit more to report on the 977, first of the two lift cylinders have been re sealed, this one was weeping excessively, too much to ignore.
The biggest job is getting the nut undone, ended up welding the socket to some heavy plate and using hydraulic help to get it moving.
Thanks must go to @tctractors for advice.
Cheers Chris.9FF9FB49-7B79-4708-9163-C88DF9E2D8CC.jpegC4568A29-E245-45AF-9EBB-B2A53837128B.jpegF8BC184E-9A8E-439F-AE9F-2BD1E74C1150.jpeg80524CE4-8355-4DD6-826E-691F8E3F38DE.jpeg