• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat AP1055F ....repair record.

Vetech63

The paving super called me today and wanted me to order him a new manual shoe screw. He said it was bent but I decided to go look before I start ordering anything.
CAT1055F correct side.jpg
This is the right side extension pull all the way in........looks nice and straight. No problem here.........but he complained about the left side.........
CAT1055F1.jpg
This one is bent, so the shoe adjustment will not slide due to the shoe adjustment frame being bound up within the bend.
Cat1055F2.jpg
Well right there is where it was struck and of course NO ONE knows how it happened. Now I have to attempt to straighten this and make it work again.:rolleyes: Brand new machine with 288 hours LOL

Vetech63

I had a company attempt to straighten this arm out, but they just couldn't get it to where it needed to be. I have a new replacement coming that should be here Thursday.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The paving super called me today and wanted me to order him a new manual shoe screw. He said it was bent but I decided to go look before I start ordering anything.
View attachment 249488
This is the right side extension pull all the way in........looks nice and straight. No problem here.........but he complained about the left side.........
View attachment 249489
This one is bent, so the shoe adjustment will not slide due to the shoe adjustment frame being bound up within the bend.
View attachment 249490
Well right there is where it was struck and of course NO ONE knows how it happened. Now I have to attempt to straighten this and make it work again.:rolleyes: Brand new machine with 288 hours LOL
Life for maintenance would be so much easier if they fired all the operators...........

Vetech63

Got this finished yesterday. This pic is of the arm mounted but not everything is strung or bolted. I also noticed I had recorded the hours wrong.............it's at 208.1
CAT1055FCOM.jpg