• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D3G Speed Issue

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
S/N: BYR00403

Machine has a variable speed between 1 and 3. The machine speed seems to have been halved, but everything works perfectly fine. Power, torque and drive are all the same, ground speed is much slower than it used to be. We had it brought back to our shop for me to look at, and then it started to work like normal without me doing anything to it. I'm curious if any others have seen this issue before.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
When was the last time it was calibrated?

Hunter013

Occupation
Head Floor Sweeper
I doubt its ever been calibrated. I tried hooking up ET, but it would just show the ECMs for the last machine I plugged into. I'm assuming something is wrong with the diagnostics on the machine or my ET. I'll try to get ET hooked up and do a calibration.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
We had the Cat man come out at least twice to calibrate our 2005 D5G. The dozer would slow down travel wise over time. Last time reverse was faster than forward at the same speed setting not under a load.

Tech was driving the dozer with the laptop or at least appeared to be. Each time after he was done it ran like a new machine.