• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat D6C told its a 1968, but think it's a 1964 Turbo NEEDED

kcbimmer71

If the cartridge (the centre housing and rotating parts) is still in usable condition I wonder if it might be possible to get a turbine (hot side) housing along with the v-band clamp and just replace that.? It would require access to a Parts Manual, maybe OM can assist with some numbers.?
All internals and casing is fine, it's just that exhaust side which has just burnt out, holes everywhere and a major patch that someone else has already done. I'm losing 1/2 of my exhaust from that side (blowing smoke everywhere) but out the exhaust stack. Appreciate your help!

kcbimmer71

All internals are good, turbo works fine, but the exhaust side is totally burnt, holes everywhere and has a major patch already done. If truly I could find that part, instead of an entire turbo unit. We'd be good to go. Sadly where the part number would be for that part, is where the repair was made and nothing's there. Thanks again you folks for the help! Great help and resource thus far!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
OK, time to get sneaky.......

From the numbers posted on the previous page by OM. 9M-7738 Turbo Group services to 3S-3510 which in turn services to the latest available P/N 3S-4259. Not much use because all three Part Numbers are discontinued by Cat.
However what those three turbo group Part Numbers above all have in common is the turbine housing P/N 7M-9901.

1685222471193.png

I can find that same P/N turbine housing illustrated on other turbos. So forget the rest of the turbo for a minute and concentrate just on the turbine housing. This illustration is taken from the Parts Manual from a 53A-prefix 977H track loader. A bonus is that it even shows the famous 3rd hose........!!!

1685222664979.png

So if you want a turbine housing the Part Number is 7M-9901.
The V-Band clamp that fixes the turbine housing to the centre housing is 7M-9916 and the corresponding Nut is 7M-9918.
The compressor housing on the illustration is the same as yours, 8M-3264. If you want to replace the V-Band clamp for that side of the turbo as well the P/N is 7M-9917 and it uses the same nut 7M-9918.

Old Magnet

The vent line disappeared on later model turbo's.
Went from direct vent with a filter to line to crankcase to no vent.

Attachments

• 76A Turbo 9M7738.jpg
    76A Turbo 9M7738.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 76A Turbo 3S3510.jpg
    76A Turbo 3S3510.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 6
  • D6 76A Turbo Specs.jpg
    D6 76A Turbo Specs.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 6