• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat serial number lookup for options.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The way it appears on the service system isn't the same as how it appears in the sales brochure.

The performance package is H2 - Standard Flow Hydraulics, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level with electronic snubbing
The Comfort package is a C2 with an air suspension seat.

Other features
2-speed machine with standard undercarriage.
Optional RH instrument panel with built-in diagnostics.
Optional roading lights package & a block heater for cold climates.
Hydraulic quick coupler
Cat PL240 Product Link

Lindavey

The way it appears on the service system isn't the same as how it appears in the sales brochure.

The performance package is H2 - Standard Flow Hydraulics, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level with electronic snubbing
The Comfort package is a C2 with an air suspension seat.

Other features
2-speed machine with standard undercarriage.
Optional RH instrument panel with built-in diagnostics.
Optional roading lights package & a block heater for cold climates.
Hydraulic quick coupler
Cat PL240 Product Link
Thank you for the quick response. The brochure doesn't even list H2 as an option on the 279 I'm glad I found this forum. Sounds like a good middle of the road unit.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The brochure doesn't even list H2 as an option on the 279
You were obviously looking at the wrong brochure. See attached.
Looking one post earlier, I'm not sure if you tryed to send images but I do not seem to be able to open them.
My first reply had an image snip of the S/N and the Date of Manufacture. that was all.

Attachments

• Specalog.pdf
    180.2 KB · Views: 3

seansparks

Hi I have just bought a 955 traxcavator serial number on the engine is 26A54. I need tto but a manual and want the correct one. Thanks in advance

fullchoke

Hi, I'm considering this machine: serial SLK02114, and wonder what year it is? Anything about options that can be deciphered from the serial#? Are these Cat 257b's considered a good machine? Thanks