• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Catepillar 931 track adjustment cylinder repair

whitelightnin

I have a 1978 model Catepillar 931 track loader. I need to repair the left side track adjustment cylinder and am looking for a link to a video of how to make the repair.
I also would like any information or advice as to whether I can make the repair without disassembling the track.
Thanks!
Whitelightnin

surferboy120

Sorry for the slow reply but I just made the repair on my 931B and did take the track apart. The repair is an easy fix once the heavy stuff is out of the way but getting the track back together is an effort. I would take the track tensioner cylinder off the front idler so not to damage the new parts when getting the cylinder back in. Doing so makes the process so much easier. Good luck.