• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

caterpillar 3056e no starts

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Tube style voltage regulator sits above ecm controls ground and power to injection pump. Best it so check power and ground at pump when trying to start

Tenwheeler

Tube style voltage regulator sits above ecm controls ground and power to injection pump. Best it so check power and ground at pump when trying to start
That works. Do not have pins to connect info at home. The cover has to be removed from the pump electrical connector for that.
These engine fuel line systems are also harder to bleed than most anything else.

Kingston1990

Hi! to follow on from the above...Intermittent starting issue on chafer mirage crop sprayer with CAT 3056e engine. Couple of previous fault codes that will not go away (ECU update was suggested but not yet got round to it) and new fault code "fuel temp signal loss". The engine stopped dead whilst driving on the road. A booster pack was then used to start it. Drove fine. Booster pack removed and I stopped engine, it would not restart. Left overnight with batteries charging, started fine in the morning. Left running for a while and then I cut the engine and would not restart. Wiring issue somewhere I presume...but where to start?!

Tenwheeler

I have heard of some people that were not happy after ECU updates on road trucks with Cat"s. Therefore I would not rush into that.
Know nothing about your fuel temp signal loss. Maybe someone else or search for an online manual for your machine.
Suggest you start by checking voltage in and out of the voltage control module. Thank you need at least 18V going to the pump while cranking.

waynechute

Anyone know of a deere replacement for this motor. Ours finally gave up the goat. Ether every time for start up didnt help. i hate like heck to repower it with another Perkapillar.