• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cat's System One Undercarriage??

9420pullpan

has anyone run a machine with the Cat's System One Undercarriage on it ?? if you have can you tell any difference between conventional and system one ??

like a smoother ride?
less friction in the tracks?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have a D6RXL with System One and I cannot tell a difference while running it. I bought it new about a year ago and it has around 1200hrs on it. No problems yet - it has cleared, stripped topsoil and ripped rock. (well as much rock as a D6 can rip) It has run on some steep slopes and some rough material. I need to get the Cat house to measure the undercarriage wear to see exactly where we are at.

Now I will have to say I only have 50 or so hours operating it - I am too busy trying to figure out how to pay for it, so I don't get much stick time anymore.:(

This picture was taken last winter.

Attachments

• DSC02078 (Small).JPG
    DSC02078 (Small).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,502

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
I have a D6RXL with System One and I cannot tell a difference while running it. I bought it new about a year ago and it has around 1200hrs on it. No problems yet - it has cleared, stripped topsoil and ripped rock. (well as much rock as a D6 can rip) It has run on some steep slopes and some rough material. I need to get the Cat house to measure the undercarriage wear to see exactly where we are at.

Now I will have to say I only have 50 or so hours operating it - I am too busy trying to figure out how to pay for it, so I don't get much stick time anymore.:(

This picture was taken last winter.

I think your D6R XL is an XW model instead of the XL.Do you have the 30' pads.Plus because of the design of the blade is why i think it is the XW also,which i call camel back because of the hump or shape in the top of the blade.

The blade should also be a 11'6" wide blade also.I'm pretty sure about it:beatsme I purchased a like new XW blade with the spacers to set the push arm out for the wider blade to put on my D6R XL this spring.

Might want to check it out closer, besides the decals look kind of like it says:D XW.:usa

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
DUHH!:pointhead :Banghead Yeah it's an XW. I had just finished another post about my D5GXL and had a brain to keyboard malfunction.:bash :D

It does have the 30" pads.

Last edited: