• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cedar Rapids question what exactly is a JAW ROLL CRUSHER i know what a jaw is.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I understand that your numbers are going to be down with the 544, but our main spread stays in our quarry all season. They make asphalt aggregate for our own plant. They move in during the middle of May, and come back out in November. 90% of our aggregate comes from our quarry. They buy some material from another quarry just to share the wealth, blending sand comes from another pit, and some government jobs call for river gravel. It was nice to have the 544 for the river gravel. You don't need the primary because nothing is really bigger than 5 or 6 inch, and unless you have trucks to load, one loader and 2 guys can pick away at it, and the main spread can stay where it is. Sometimes they haul the big spread in, and it takes more time to move than it does to crush. Guess my point is, the 544 was in top shape, and since they bought it new, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was paid for.......would have been nice to hang onto for the small quantity jobs.

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
I'm not beatin' the little guy down, just sayin' it's all a matter of value of time. If the OP plans to crush concrete I'll suggest a 24"x36" jaw with feeder and the under jaw belt feeding into the feeder on the little guy to break it down to a manageable size for the little jaw. A pecker on a track hoe would do in place of the big jaw but IMO would be slower. If the concrete has wire or rebar, that opens a whole new can of worms. Been there, done that!!
I and my crew had to crush a whole bunch of ore mined underground and brought to the plant on which we had an electromagnet hanging over the under jaw headpulley. As far as metal goes, underground miners are TRASHY!! I sold $800 worth of scrap iron in about 3 months.
Mike

fiat41b

Hey guys thanks for the info
I missed out on the 443 commander some guy got there before I did I wanted to see it in person not by the blurry video sent to me
I asked the guy to send me a new video with larger size rocks - so I could see them crushed to smaller size but could not get him to do it and so the ice storm came I did not make it out on the travel.
25000 bought it
here is what I got from all of you this was not the machine to have for crushing concrete with rebar wire mesh ect. if you are going to crush concrete get a Jaw
let the jaw eat it before it drops on the belt. so I think I will look for a jaw.
I did find a Wsv Tyler screen its portable its a triple deck I think and has diesel power very big looking I want to be able to get 3/4 clean product this is suppose to only cost $6000
the guy retired he said it has a production of 400 tph and he paid over 50,000 it has tandam wheels and 5th wheel for semi been sitting still for a while going to look at it its close.

Last edited:

komatsukid

Occupation
loader operator/plant forman
This is a jaw/roll crusher. The company I work for operates 3 of this style. It's built by Lippmann and the model is dual-king. They are high production two plant configuration type.

Attachments

• 20160811_083700.jpg
    20160811_083700.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28

ol'stonebreaker

Occupation
retired
Fiat, if you want to make 3/4"minus besides the screen and jaw you'll need a standard cone crusher with a closed circuit off the top deck. Don't know what the average size of the incoming concrete rubble is, so you have to size the jaw to what ever size will fit the jaw and that depends on how much $$ you want to spend with a pecker on a trackhoe. Some rubble can be broken down with teeth on the loader bucket, but it's hard on the loader and operator. I'll recommend a 24"x36" jaw and a 3' standard cone. You say you want 3/4" clean product. Does this mean you want to screen off the fines meaning the 3/4" will be from 3/4" to whatever size screen is in the lower deck? If so you have to run two decks pulling the 3/4" off the center or bottom deck. If you only run two decks then the deck with no screen cloth on it will have to have the crown bars protected. The easiest way is to leave the crown rubbers on the bars and secure them to the bars with cheap worm style hose clamps spaced about 18" to 2' apart.
Back to the jaw. For rubble with rebar I'll recommend a slide bed directly under the jaw instead of troughing rollers. With troughing rollers I can guarantee a ripped belt in short order. Another trick is to keep the underjaw belt just tight enough to carry the load, that way if a rebar punctures the belt it will stop. With a slide bed this seldom happens. You can locate the troughing roller the rebar is hung on, torch cut the rebar flush with the belt surface or use a cutoff wheel on a small grinder, If the belt still won't move, then throw some water in the head pulley while it's turning. Pull down on the bottom side of the belt and believe it or it will eventually get enough traction to move the belt. Be ready to immediately stop the belt when the rebar is visible as it can still rip the belt when it goes over the return rollers. The slide bed should only need to be 6' to 8' long. I strongly advise an electromagnet hanging over the under belt head pulley. Even with it some iron will still get past it if the chunk of concrete it's still attached weighs too much for the magnet to grab it and hold it.
Now to the secondary crusher if you choose to have one. With a cone crusher, if a piece of rebar gets hung up under the cone head and cause rock to pile up and possibly damage the dust seal. With a roll crusher, google "nip angle on a roll crusher". Nip angle is the maximum size rock it will break without the rock slipping against the rolls. Of course the discharge opening of the rolls plays into this angle. You can maximize the angle by keeping tall beads of nickle manganese weld across the faces of the rolls. If you choose a roll crusher then the discharge opening of the jaw will have to be pretty small which translates into TPH.
IMO crushing reinforced concrete can be a tedious and expensive task. Everything I've elaborated on is because I've been in this rodeo. At least the ore from underground didn't have the iron attached to it.
HTH and good luck,
Mike