• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Charge spec for a Cat B6s breaker

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Have a B6s Cat breaker in the shop and was hoping someone would be able to pull up a charge spec for the nitrogen. Unfortunately the serial number tag is damaged and all I can possibly make out is that the prefix starts with an "H" maybe.

Going out on a limb I'd guess its probably going to be in the ballpark of 220 PSI but I'd rather have the actual spec.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Well its not looking good for this one. It still had the majority of its nitrogen charge in the top. Everything else looked good so I took it out to the test slab and fired it for a while. Wouldn't ya know it, its leaking oil like a sieve. Took it all apart and there's some pretty deep damage to the piston and cylinder - too deep to polish out unfortunately.