• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Check this accident site out!

Arc Burn

Charter Member
Occupation
Weldor
Well,i'm trying to put a hyperlink in but it won't let me:confused: ,Anyways-www.craneaccidents.com
Click on the photo gallery,UNBELIEVABLE pictures,there's even one for you backhoe boys complete with the operator laying underneath it:eek: It's worth checking out!
BTW-If someone can fix the hyperlink please feel free

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I've checked that site out. There are some really scary pics in the free galleries. I wonder what's in the paid section? And if I remember correctly, the guy pinned under the backhoe is the owner of the website.

Does it seem to anyone else that many "saftey professionals" have a serious injury somewhere in their background? That's not a criticism--they certainly have credibility that's backed up by being able to present themselves as an example of what can happen when you don't make a priority of saftey. It's kind of a shame that it takes a serious injury for so many of us to get the point...

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Fixed the link. We've still got some bugs here to work out, I see there is no tag showing I edited your post either.

For now you must make the links manually using the brackets and vB codes. I'm working on getting the boxes to work.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
WHen I was 21 I almost had a picture in there. My boss wanted me to start on a friction crane, i got a good start out in a field but my friend was teaching me how to catch the ball and special rigging. He skimmed over walking it because I been doing it with out incidedent. My friend mentioned them jumping out of gear occasionally but he told me he hadnt seen that crane do it yet. I was walking it down a ramp when the engine idled up and the tracks tightend and I took off like the road runner in a 5299 American and 120 feet of boom. I het a chink of shot rock and got stopped. The next time I was loading the crane with 70 feet of boom onto a Barge to lay pipe in the Tennessee River and my laborers untied the the morring before I could get all the way on the deck. The barge tried to slide out from under me. I dogged it off ran to the back and out on the catwalk and got the 300 Komatsu to hold the bagre tille we could tie it off.