• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chi's trivia thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chidog

Actually a job I had as a youngster had a bit to do with rudimentary weather control.
It was fog dispersal at an airport, also such things were done in WW2 as well.
The video I'd post would be to prove that there is a way to do it, and easy to understand, I'm not saying that is how it is done.

chidog

peer reviewed scientific study is another useful tool.
Would not be allowed. Any scientist that goes the wrong direction is an outcast.
Similar to this fellow.

International Climate Science Coalition Executive Director Tom Harris discusses how he was once a climate alarmist but now sees it as a scam.

chidog

By todays standards this one is probably small. Not sure what spacing they would need and how many and what frequency needed, hourly, daily or what ever. Maybe lined up from the north pole to the south pole, over the pacific? But we know this is a man owned tool and that it would be man changing the weather.
Like I have said he needs the correct machine or the correct tool.

cfherrman

Hey Ivr been driving a 18sp mack and I shift at 19 -> 17 and sometimes when I'm in high split and shift to the next year in low split it grabs the low split of the current gear and shakes the truck and then gets out of it and then I grab the next gear line normal. I don't really preselect it I just hit the switch right before I pull it out of gear. This it probably hard to understand but you asked about shifting trucks. I tried the hit the splitter after I pull it out of gear but it's not fast enough to shift and I'll miss the gear. Any help lol

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
I dunno, shifting a Mack at 1900 is pretty hard, those things love to pull low, shift at 15-16 .... At least the old ones.

I used to drive a late 80's R model years ago, it had an air shift 7 sp Mack Trans, pretty similar in theory to the old two stick 5+1, but with the little vertical range shift lever on the left side of the stick. It fit right in the thumb better than a road ranger, but you couldn't pre select, had to flip it right as you were coming out of gear.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I like an automatic in a truck specifically a 6sp HD4560 Allison. I'd go so far as to say I wouldn't buy a truck without one.

Drops mic and exits stage - :p

Truck Shop

Here's some trivia-two mechanics trying to make an extra buck.

cfherrman

4560 ofs is a pretty epic transmission

E7 460 only has power 16 on up, if I shifted that low I'd worry about lugging it and put a hole in the piston.

chidog

Good proof of concept isn't it? Man could control the weather! Now how can it be done more subtly with more accurate control? Its like the old Xray days they needed a ton of power to take a photo of the spine. Now it can be done with a fraction of that power.
Just need to know where to inject the power and how much, the natural system will then be the helper. Similar to using earths gravity sling shotting a satellite off to a distant planet.
We all should know that weather is moved or created by high and low pressure areas, and the winds, not by Co2 or engine exhaust.

Yeah it all works similar to that big truck with an automatic transmission, since thats the now topic.
I'd prefer a truck with a 9000 series Allison.

Acoals

Occupation
4560 ofs is a pretty epic transmission

E7 460 only has power 16 on up, if I shifted that low I'd worry about lugging it and put a hole in the piston.

Ah, I guess all I know are the old Macks, E6 maybe? They used to call them Maxitorque or something like that. The trucks I learned to drive on were old Mack DM's with the 5+1's. 75,000lbs with 5 gears; you would shift at like 16 or 1700 and drop it to like 1000 rpm, the old dog would roll coal and lug right out. Can't say it was the greatest setup, but it worked.

Acoals

Occupation
I like an automatic in a truck specifically a 6sp HD4560 Allison. I'd go so far as to say I wouldn't buy a truck without one.

Drops mic and exits stage - :p

Not all of us are rolling in that big money . . . :p :p

Hard to find a '92 heavy truck with an auto. I wouldn't want one from that era anyway.

cfherrman

I've driven old autos and new autos, the old ones need truck brakes, the new ones do not and it's a big difference.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Not all of us are rolling in that big money . . . :p :p

Hard to find a '92 heavy truck with an auto. I wouldn't want one from that era anyway.

Hey my L9000 classifies as a heavy truck and it has an auto. Now we're not going to talk about highway speeds...:(:rolleyes:

Acoals

Occupation
Hey my L9000 classifies as a heavy truck and it has an auto. Now we're not going to talk about highway speeds...:(:rolleyes:

That's what I have, an L9000. The auto's from that era I have been around were real slugs, even though I almost wish it had one just so I could stick a driver in it . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.