• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chi's trivia thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That's what I have, an L9000. The auto's from that era I have been around were real slugs, even though I almost wish it had one just so I could stick a driver in it . . .

Well it does make a great site truck.
My truck with an auto goes 44 mph, is that any better?

Loaded or unloaded? :D

cfherrman

That drill rig in your avatar? Is that a Crane Carrier?

Service rig, yes a crane Carrier probably made by franks, who made the draworks and the Derrick.

It is rated to drill like 3000' I think, 6000 for service. Where I work it's 3000-5000

A drill rig Derrick I put in overload of the day, it probably weighs 100k# Derrick only.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Well my L9000 is probably around 25K unloaded depending on how much dirt is stuck in the bed and I can get to 55 MPH unloaded, going down hill with the accelerator pedal smashed to the floor. :p

cfherrman

If I grab neutral I bet I can get over 55 down hill haha.

Had a 671 in the rig before, it would go between 20 mph up to around 50. It had a 4460 six speed trans where 6th was a higher gear than my 5th. When the engine ran away it was pretty fast I got it up to 60 and started thinking why it was going so fast.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
When the engine ran away it was pretty fast I got it up to 60 and started thinking why it was going so fast.

Now there is a cool story ... I don't think I have ever heard of a runaway quite like that.

Truck Shop

Now there is a cool story ... I don't think I have ever heard of a runaway quite like that.
If the governor becomes so worn along with rack-you know there is a major issue
when trying to shift, you just about can't shift fast enough.

cfherrman

Ive been around these junk two strokes for quite awhile but I get the runaway when it's mine. I stopped and spun off the suction fuel filter. Unscrewed the adjustment screws on the rail finger on the stuck injectors. and drove it off the road

chidog

This fellow is pretty good at his earth quake stuff. This is interesting, as are most of the comments.

chidog

It takes some heavy equipment to accomplish this sort of thing. Especially big generators.
The eye glasses thread is not about heavy equipment?

skyking1

I watched a couple of minutes of that. It's pretty silly.
He attempts to apply some meaning to an aggregated computer generated image. That plot of North America is not a single satellite.
It's an assemblage of a few different feeds, patched together on a pretty powerful computer.
Oh look there's a glitch. It must mean something.
It means you need to adjust your tin foil.

chidog

Need to not need eye glasses to see that the weather has made a huge change since 2021.
Just like all the other strange things that have occurred after that date.

Here is a good reason, that geoengineering be proven. Soon all may face this.

Last edited:

chidog

Exact same high pressure area in canada as the last 2 years.
Yeah since 2021 now isn't that strange. Just watch when he puts it in motion and how it redirects all the weather.
Also so notice Co2 has absolutely nothing to do with it. Its all about placement of high and low pressure areas period.

skyking1

Not clicking on any more of that idiocy in case that guy gets a plug nickel for the click. It's just more of the complete whole cloth fabrication that conspiracy nutters do on a regular basis. Occam's razor has an answer for all of that.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Don't have the time nor the desire to watch over an hour of YT videos about climate whatever and furthermore it doesn't have to do with HE either.

This thread is closed for Moderator Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.