• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Chucky Bars?

VeePlow

Everyone knows we all have our own terms for gear. Just had a guys call in talking about excavator bucket chucky bars.... anybody got any ideas? Best I can think is maybe a piece of plate welded across the teeth?

kneelo

In Australia 'chocky bars' are the square wear bars you weld into high wear areas like crushers and conveyor transfer points. Sounds like maybe they are talking about the wears pads on the bottom and corners of the bucket.

3thirteen

Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Yeah, I have only heard of them refered to as "Chocky Bars". Sacrificial steel is all it is.......

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Just so long as we are talking about metal bars....not the type of bars that some grader operators might frequent.....:rolleyes:

and I went down to the small engine shop the other day to get some parts for the 16" cut off saw. I told the guy behind the counter I needed an air filter for Dorothy....he obviously wasn't a Wiggles fan.

Last edited:

VeePlow

Aha! Man .. gotta love the internet. Must be because they look like chocolate bars... I'm used to calling this type of thing wear plates or wear tiles... I'll be darned... chocky bars...

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• chocky-white-together250.jpg
    chocky-white-together250.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,060

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Chocy bars, doggie bones, yorkies, mars bars etc etc heard it all.No it get funny when a steel fixer ass you for choc bars an you give him wear plates when he is looking for 3'long concrete bars to place under the steel.

"I told the guy behind the counter I needed an air filter for Dorothy....he obviously wasn't a Wiggles fan".

sorry Squizzy but that is double Dutch to me; me la'd you might oblige and try and teach this old dog what a wiggles is.

Last edited:

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
stock;220891[COLOR="Red" said:
"I told the guy behind the counter I needed an air filter for Dorothy....he obviously wasn't a Wiggles fan".[/COLOR]

sorry Squizzy but that is double Dutch to me; me la'd you might oblige and try and teach this old dog what a wiggles is.

Stock,

The wiggles is a music group that specializes in kids and has a kids tv show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wiggles

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
"Since their inception, other regular characters (Captain Feathersword, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Henry the Octopus, and Wags the Dog) and a troupe called "The Wiggly dancers"

image.jpg

Now where is the air filter on a Dinosaur???

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
"

Come on stock!............... Its obviously an old ( dinosaur) piece of plant that the guy behind the counter, knowing Squizzy and all his plant, would have known straight away which bit of junk, :eek: sorry plant ;) needed a new filter.

Going back to steel fixers, I know them as Mars bars, for under the steel.

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver

ROFLMAO:lmao:lmao

Australian English

Construction Saw = Dinosaur = Dorothy....its elementary really:rolleyes:

You can't have a piece of kit and not have a proper name for it:cool2:D:D

Round our worksites a crow bar is a "Russell" or a "Sheryl" and a small pry bar is a "Barnesy"

Last edited: