• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

clark 110-11b

d82u

i have a clark 110-11b scraper witch has been working fine. Two weeks ago all hydraulics stopped working I have checked charging pump, screen on transmlssion sump, changed all filters. torque converter has no movement. just wondering if any had any suggestions on what to check. All help will be appreciated. Thank You

d82u

thanks for the reply. The torque converter does not turn to power the other two pumps what could be wrong? Charging pump is working. The torque converter drive shaft turns easily as always, would something be broke in the converter?

BillG

Depends on if it has ever been changed but, they used a fiber internal gear mounted to the flywheel and an external steel gear on the converter. Usually the fiber gear fails and the converter gear just turns inside it. Some people changed them to steel but it was noisy (thus the reason for fiber). They also made an aftermarket nylon one.

Last edited:

d82u

great come back. Do you have experience replacing this gear? If so could the torque converter be moved back on blocks to get enough space to replace gear? Thanks again the help.

BillG

You will need about 6" to clear everything, I can't remember the bolt count which designates the specific gear. I think it was 16 but don't depend on that.

d82u

Thank You. It will be a week or two before I get to work on it, we just bought a Cat 613 but I will deflnitely let you know how it it goes. We need to move 10,000 yards for a pond levee, have already moved 5500 yards.