• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clarksville Job progress

jgivens

well we made the news... kinda:drinkup Everything is going as good as can be at the marina with all the rain. No doubt in my mind we'll get er done though. Here's a link to 3 webcams they set up that takes photos every 15 minutes. (they say)

http://www.earthcam.com/clients/clarksville/?cam=1

This link is for the video and photo gallery from the news people they tell the story alot better than me. The new deeres aren't so pretty anymore are they? I CAN'T WAIT TO GET DOWN THERE WITH MY CASE INTERNATIONAL 530 I'm gonna rip through that mud hole they all got stuck in first thing!:tong hope you all like em shoot questions or comments if ya like

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20090813/NEWS01/908130327&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Is that the Cumberland River by the jobsite? Looks like a big piece of ground your working.

jgivens

it sure is the Cumberland River. we have to move a million yds of dirt by Oct 31 right now we have 9 tractors with dual pans and 3 40 ton trucks getting loaded with our 365. I believe we're waiting on 2 more trucks and 3 more tractors to show up and help out hope we get it all out!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I had a feeling it was since you're in Clarksville Tennessee. I've been where the Cumberland starts in Harlan Kentucky. It's crazy how far rivers run. Sounds like you have a bunch of dirt to move. Try and get some pics of the equipment for us. :)

jgivens

the post are a little older I think it's called more new tractors check em out

Attachments

• 100_7622.jpg
    100_7622.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,449

McGoo2

Where I work if they said, it had to be out by a certain date, then we would do whatever it took to make it happen. As long as we were working as a team and not against one another. Like the pics. Would that 530 get around in that soil ?

jgivens

Most of us do work as a team! We will for sure do what ever it takes to get done, it's for our own good just as much as the company! 530... in that stuff, on previous jobs YES it did get around better. Why? I dunno maybe weight, maybe horsepower, maybe operator?! I still think Quadtracs would handle these conditions alot better but no matter what we're using I'm certain it'll get done.

JohnBer

Wishin for some rain here, everything is powder dry. We actually got shot down last week cause one water truck flopped on its side and the other lost the trans. Dust got so bad so quick we had no choice. Not a water truck to had anywhere.
The Quads would work great in that stuff you are in. Our tire machines like to pump the ground and its as if your climbin a hill all the time, quads cruise right over the top.

McGoo2

Dont think so.JG
Would the boggie system on the Quad Tracks not make them go down in that stuff. Have seen some machines get stuck in that type of mat. because the independant boggie systems would start to actually point down in front and keep trying to go deeper until stuck and then you really had problems getting them out, they would really get stuck bad.

jgivens

No! I think they would go good McGoo and like JohnBer said once we got em on the road all those pumpy spots wouldn't be a factor either, the quads would cruise right on over them! (less grader/grader box running too) As far as the quads going down, The soils there aren't that soft... not soft enough to sink anything anyway. The Deere machines just don't have the power/traction to keep em moving through the stuff and SLOWLY but SURELY spin out. That's why the Quads would shine--More traction, More power, Less PSI on the ground! IMO

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
could someone please post some pictures as all I get are black screens so apart from reading and the one picture I'd be loss..

Last edited:

Landworks

Occupation
Owner/CEO
Who is the contractor doing the work there? I know this weather hasn't been cooperating to well for you guys the last couple of weeks.