• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clearing job pics.

Logman

Bell Ultra C

Here are some pictures of a 2001 Bell Ultra C that was recently rebuilt from the frame up. I asked the dealer to email me these pictures. When I called the next day to talk to him about it I found out someone else had came by and purchased it. I'm still sick about missing this machine! :mad:

Attachments

• BCH 8900 001_640.jpg
    BCH 8900 001_640.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,585
  • BCH 8900 002_640.jpg
    BCH 8900 002_640.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,368
  • BCH 8900 007_640.jpg
    BCH 8900 007_640.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,172
  • BCH 8900 005_640.jpg
    BCH 8900 005_640.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,285
  • BCH 8900 003_640.jpg
    BCH 8900 003_640.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,133

Deereman

There is a few of those Ultra C's floating around here. Yearwood logging had one with tracks. Quick little friggin thing

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Ok, now I understand. That model's base is popular for building on forklifts and 'Versa-Lifts' They are supposed to be like loader arms for buckets or pallet forks. What model? 225 or 250?

Really like that setup. It must work really well. Pity about that other bloke buying.

deereman: Do you have pics. Would love to see tracks on one of these!

ddiiggy

Does the rear wheel steer or just crazy-wheel?

Looks like it would be nice for maneuvering to have each drive wheel independant and able to go their own speed and direction.
I wonder how difficult it would be to drive a straight line with it that way, though. ?

talus

I saw one of these machines in Connecticut yesterday. Was out on the KTM and saw it sitting in a feild. Looks to be in use had a bunch of wood around it.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
I looked around the bell website and found a triwheeler with four wheels, more of a quad, but its got a debarking head, really cool. Never seen one though, but I hear that there is one in my area.

qkoop

Occupation
Logger
Did the guy running it make it dance for you on the front 2 wheels?I worked around a morbark 3 wheeler with a bunching head on it, instead of a directional feller.The guy would drive all over with the back wheel in the air.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Down here they do it all the time. At first you nearly xxxx yourself, then you realise that this guy is just that, dancing with the machine. You might think that these jobbies might fall over, but they are designed in such a way that even doing that won't topple them. 'Pick" up a heavy log, and drag it out backwards like a skidder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy88

You guys seem to know something about the bells and how they work can you tell me how big of trees you can cut with one and whay type of saw head are you using. We do some landclearing every year and my crew, [ family ] is tired of running chainsaws seven days a week and is going on strike on me, something about get off your a-- and do it yourself we'll run the cats and excavators. Can't complain but are looking to mechanize the cutting down and sawing up operations somewhat and to speed them up slightly also. We do anything from grubbing and burning to cutting down and chipping tops and harvesting firewood from bigger material. Hows everyone else out there gone about this. Someone told me to get a Bell unit with a dangle saw head and put a longer bar to handle bigger wood and make several cuts around the tree and take it down and saw it up with the unit and sort out what we want to keep and pile that out of the way and move onto the next tree. That same guy said to find a track Bell and they were better? Any experience here? Some have told me to stay away from disk hot saw heads, too heavy and not as handy and don't cut up trees very good just drop them and thats about it. Any ideas or experience would be nice. We are looking at bidding on a clearing job that can't be grubbed and they have deadlines that are pretty tight to meet and we need to speed the process up somewhat and are looking at all options. Not a big operator so spending 500 thousand isn't an option. Thanks

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Here the Bell machines are very popular, especially the HD820Eiii tracked excavator and Waratah harvester combination. Very simple to operate compared to a whole harvester machine from JD, and I would say a good deal cheaper than a volvo with similar setup, or Komatsu at the same time. The excavator is cheap, it is Kato really, but what puts the price up is the waratah head.

As for the tri-wheeler, you can't go wrong. Beautiful little machine, but rather tricky to get right for the first time. Very basic as it is made really for the SA market, but very powerful and extremely versatile. It easily fits on to a 6x4 rigid flatbed/beaver tail, so transporting the lil baby should be easy.

Good luck

Deereman

Ok, now I understand. That model's base is popular for building on forklifts and 'Versa-Lifts' They are supposed to be like loader arms for buckets or pallet forks. What model? 225 or 250?

Really like that setup. It must work really well. Pity about that other bloke buying.

deereman: Do you have pics. Would love to see tracks on one of these!

I will try to find that pic. it was a neat little machine.

JAK5

You guys seem to know something about the bells and how they work can you tell me how big of trees you can cut with one and whay type of saw head are you using. We do some landclearing every year and my crew, [ family ] is tired of running chainsaws seven days a week and is going on strike on me, something about get off your a-- and do it yourself we'll run the cats and excavators. Can't complain but are looking to mechanize the cutting down and sawing up operations somewhat and to speed them up slightly also. We do anything from grubbing and burning to cutting down and chipping tops and harvesting firewood from bigger material. Hows everyone else out there gone about this. Someone told me to get a Bell unit with a dangle saw head and put a longer bar to handle bigger wood and make several cuts around the tree and take it down and saw it up with the unit and sort out what we want to keep and pile that out of the way and move onto the next tree. That same guy said to find a track Bell and they were better? Any experience here? Some have told me to stay away from disk hot saw heads, too heavy and not as handy and don't cut up trees very good just drop them and thats about it. Any ideas or experience would be nice. We are looking at bidding on a clearing job that can't be grubbed and they have deadlines that are pretty tight to meet and we need to speed the process up somewhat and are looking at all options. Not a big operator so spending 500 thousand isn't an option. Thanks

Check out www.ryansequipment.com This guy has experience with both the Bell and Morbark 3 wheelers, I think he worked on or ofr both. Now he owns a comapny that makes attachments. Either way I bet he could steer you in the right direction! He is located in Michigan!