• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clutch trouble shooting

skyking1

I took a look in there and found the brake in the bellhousing, latched back together :) I looked it over and figured it would go back and work if I didn't do the stupid thing again. I reinstalled it one-handed without a problem, my first look at a clutch brake. Thanks all.

skyking1

i have no problem with that Mike and I know you are right. After I crawled in there at 9 PM last night and found it, I really ad no choice but to put it back.
So that hinged type is not the one I want? And, is there a right way and wrong way with them?

Truck Shop

Either direction-push pedal to floor to lock button. But once those come loose it will probably
fail again. You will want the SB200, install both pieces with keyway on shaft vertical, have
someone hold pedal to floor to lock it straight between T/O bearing and front bearing retainer.
Long punch and drive the pins. Put grease on both sides of wear material before installing.

skyking1

I am dropping the truck off to get serviced while I am on the New York run, and will get the clutch adjusted up along with a laundry list of things.

homestead463