• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Commercial construction work pictures

skyking1

One of two carpal tunnel release surgeries.
Larry Moe Curly have done it to me again.
We're wrapping up and getting ready to load up the machine and they realized that there are a bunch of branch lines that they didn't paint on the ground that now they want dug out. This is at 2:30 in the afternoon. I realize that this guy doesn't have very much experience as a plumber, but I want to throttle him.
This is also bad for my hand.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Great news Sky! Hope the recovery time is quick.

skyking1

On the last surgery I went to work the next day to move equipment around. This time I'm just going to lay low until Monday.
There is a Greek festival up in Seattle on Saturday that I'm going to. I figure I'll have enough strength to lift a fork.

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
I had a tendon sheath repair on my middle finger tendon in the middle of my palm. The needle for freezing was so long……
It took most of a month to heal and the first week of light duty just about killed me. I could hardly open a door with my right hand. Glad your surgery’s went well and you are back to work quickly. Cam

skyking1

work is slow, I have been cutting blackberries and pulling weeds as much as my hand can stand.
Yesterday I went out to Pete's to dump out this good gravelly stuff we had at the shop and track it into a low spot that my trailer was sitting over when I took out those stumps earlier.
PXL-20230613-225241874.jpg

They had ground and paved nearby Highway 7, and the pile of grindings was only 4 miles away. I contacted the owner and picked up 3 loads of grindings at $100 a load. One went on the loop road and the other two I dumped in the trailer parking area to spread out and track in.
PXL-20230613-225314243.jpg

skyking1

I don't really have any commercial work so I'll just post whatever I'm doing in here. Today. I'm doing a little government job for one of the plumber's brothers.
He's got an acre and a quarter with a little beard of trees at the top edge. Maybe 20 feet deep. I'm going to clear all that out and harvest a bunch of boulders in there to build wall with.
There's no good turnaround room so I just drove straight in up the hill until I figured I was going to start spinning with the interlocks in and stopped. It's a lot easier to turn this thing around unloaded.
Just for grins, I put the tape measure to it.
The trailer is 31 ft to the end of the pintle, and overall I'm just an inch under 55 ft.
PXL_20230729_155937172.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Sounds like fun, can relate to NOT dookying around with repaired parts. Still have so much to do and it bugs me so I walk away from the windows and chew on my lip.

skyking1

You can see it there in the picture that somebody already started it. I'm just going to take it up a little bit with some dirt that's there and the rocks that I'm harvesting.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I’ll be doing a boulder wall myself, I’m interested in seeing yours as you build it.

Me too. I have a fairly decent collection of rocks hauled in to our dump from jobs over the years that I am planning on using to build some walls on our new house. Nice orange/pinkish sandstone chunks 2-3 wide, 5-6 long and 1-2' thick.

skyking1

these are glacial nuggets and mostly roundish, so no real fun to be had. I back them up and then have to step back a good amount for each course, since there are few corners to lock things together. You have to step back more than 50%.

skyking1

those are some sweet stones! I wish I had some slabs like that. I have a handful that followed me home from a mountain job that I have scattered around, some up on block to make tables.
The job used clean choir logs for erosion control, they were nice for cushioning the rocks for the 60 mile ride home.
IMG_20130928_103048_257.jpg

IMG_20130928_103038_753.jpg

I liked them enough that I rented that little hoe to unload them.

Welder Dave

All I can suggest is let your surgeries fully heal or you could regret it. Know a couple people that had shoulder and other surgeries and didn't let them heal properly. They said the surgeries weren't successful instead of putting any blame on themselves. It sucks not being able to do what you want but you will be able to in a few month's if you let yourself heal. If you don't you'll probably never recover and always have a bit of a handicap. I'm in a position I just don't have the strength or energy following cancer treatments even though the cancer is in full remission and my levels are all good. I'm hoping I get better over time but it's very frustrating. Just today I needed help pull starting a 6 HP engine.

skyking1

I robbed dirt and a bunch more rocks from the slope above the wall, to make a bench he can mow. The slope was about 3 to 1.
The rocks I found when I was clearing will get used to put a rockery where I robbed the dirt.
I'll blend that all together so he can run a riding mower over that.
The rules were I could not move any of the toe rocks or work from below where she had planted a few trees.
There was a bunch of doubled up rock so I robbed those from behind the toe course, then filled in with dirt.
PXL_20230730_225949608.jpgPXL_20230730_220711450.jpg

I will build that upper rockery and blend it all out tomorrow. Nothing but clay and round taters of various sizes.
PXL_20230731_004129324.jpg